Outreach will pause prospects from sequences when they send an auto-reply saying they are temporarily Out of the Office (OOTO).
How does OOTO auto-pause work?
Outreach has an algorithm that detects a reply thread via key words and phrases to detect when a prospect is on vacation/out of the office. When this response is detected, Outreach will automatically pause them from the sequence, and mark their stage as [Paused (OOTO)].
Are prospects automatically reactivated in the sequence?
When a prospect is marked as [Paused (OOTO)] Outreach will not automatically resume these prospects. However, they can be auto-resumed in the sequence via the Sequence Ruleset:
- Click into your sequence and select "settings" on the top of the page.
- Under "Ruleset", click on the name of the ruleset. This is a hyperlink that will automatically redirect you to the ruleset settings.
- If you have permission to make adjustments to rulesets, find the section labeled "Out of the Office Settings"
- Enable the setting to automatically add prospects to the sequence if they're paused due to an out of office response.
- "Default Time to Wait Before Resuming" determines how long Outreach will wait prior to resuming them. when the prospect has been resumed, and another auto-response has been receive, Outreach will pause the prospect once more.
- "Maximum Age Threshold for Resuming" looks at mailings that have been paused prior to this setting being enabled. If the prospect has been paused for less than the specified amount of time, the prospects will be reactivated in the sequence. If the prospect has been paused for more than the specified time, the prospect will need to be resumed manually.
- "Use Amplify return date" uses our Amplify feature to automatically pause and resume prospects in sequences based on the dates mentioned in their OOO emails.