With Outreach's Outlook Add-In, we have added some functionality of our application straight to the Outlook Web Application you are using an Exchange or Office365 Mail server. Before attempting to install the add in on your Outlook client, please check our compatibility requirements here.
Installing the Outlook Add-In
1. Click on settings >> manage integrations:
2. In the following window, if the add in has been enabled by your administrator it will be in the "My Add-Ins" Menu. If it is not there, please search for it in the all Add-Ins section.
3. Once you have found it, simply toggle the Add-In on.
Setting up the Outlook Add-In
1. In a new mailing you will have an icon in the lower right hand corner for the Outreach Add in. Click the icon and select "settings":
2. A side bar will load in your browser window, and it will prompt you to sign in. Once you are signed in with your Outreach credentials you will have the Outreach functionality within your Outlook compose window.
Using the Outreach Outlook Add-In
When composing (new message or reply), you will see an Outreach icon in the bottom right of your compose window. When selected, the Outreach icon will display a drop down with three options - Send with Outreach, templates, and settings.
Selecting “Send with Outreach” sends your email with open/click tracking settings applied and the sent mail is synced to your Outreach Outbox. If the recipient is not a Prospect in Outreach, this new contact will be added as an Outreach Prospect. To send an email without Outreach tracking, simply use the normal Outlook send button.
Selecting the “Templates” button will display Outreach templates owned by you and “shared” templates. You can scroll through templates or use search to find the correct template. When a template is selected, it is automatically applied to the compose window. If a prospect is in the “to” field when you apply the template, variables will be merged automatically.
At the bottom of the template pane, you will see a Send with Outreach button. This is provides the functionality as the button in the ribbon.
Outreach will recognize if a variable is not merging successfully and will pop a warning message up in the side pane. You’ll also notice that the “Send with Outreach” button turns orange, a secondary indicator that unmerged variables exist in the template.
“Settings” provides the ability to sign-in to Outreach or set open and click tracking settings. Note: tracking options are sticky - Outreach will remember the previous tracking options selected and apply these selections to the following emails sent with Outreach.