Purpose: - Archive content added to How To IMport records to Outreach
The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in importing a comma-separated values (.csv) file for Accounts into Outreach.
Accounts can be imported into Outreach either via a .CSV file or using the CRM connection. Users using the CRM connection can import Accounts records via:
- Individual Record Imports
- List View Imports
- A Salesforce Report
- Outreach Users
- This article provides direction on importing Accounts via .csv file, for more information on importing multiple Leads and Contacts from Salesforce, refer to the How to Import a Salesforce Report article.
- When importing Accounts via a .CSV file, Outreach requires the Account Name and Custom ID fields must be included in the file and should be an ID unique to the account. The Custom ID field will be used to dedupe accounts upon import. If an incomplete Custom ID row is included in the file, Outreach will produce an error and the incomplete ID will not be imported.
- Outreach does not support UTF-8 files and special characters.
- Outreach recommends importing Prospects and Accounts via the Outreach Everywhere chrome extension if applicable.
- Outreach will only pull records from the first connected instance. Example: If an organization multiple plugins (i.e Production and Testing) and the Testing instance was the first added, disconnected, but not deleted, Outreach will attempt to pull data from the Testing instance. The Test instance must be removed for Outreach to sync with the Production instance.
How To Import via .CSV File:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Actions button in the top right-hand corner and select Bulk Create from the dropdown menu.
- Select Accounts comma-separated values file (.csv) from the Import Type: dropdown menu.
- Click the Click to select a file button and navigate to the applicable file.
- Click Next.
- Confirm the field mappings and configure as applicable. Note: Users importing a Salesforce-generated Accounts file, must ensure the Unique Salesforce Accounts ID is correctly mapped to the Custom ID field. For more information regarding regarding importing Salesforce-generated reports, refer to the How To Import a Salesforce Accounts Report article.
- Click Next.
- Update the fields as outlined in the table below:
Field Description Owner: Assigns an owner to the imported records. What to do with duplicates?: Directs the platform on how to treat duplicate records:
- Skip - Does not update information on records that already exist in Outreach.
- Overwrite existing fields - Replaces existing information on the record with information contained in the file.
- Update missing fields - Updates record fields that are not present.
Additional Tags: Adds additional tags to the imported records.
- Click Next.
- Click Start Import.
Outreach imports the record data as configured.