If you do not use Salesforce as your CRM, it can be a manual and tedious process to create accounts in Outreach. To speed up this process, you have the option to import accounts through a CSV file and assign prospects to these accounts.
- Click on the quick actions menu to bulk create. You’ll be brought to a new page with a dropdown menu. Select “Accounts Comma Separated Values File” and select the CSV that contains the account information that you’d like to import.
- On the second step of the import, map the account fields contained in the CSV to the corresponding Outreach field.
- We recommend including a unique ID, which can be used to dedupe future Account CSV imports and is the field used by Outreach to assign prospects to their corresponding accounts. We recommend using your internal Account id or DUNS number.
- We currently map to the following fields
Custom 1-35 Is Named Account Account Custom ID LinkedIn URL Description Locality Domain Account Name Employees Natural Name External Source Owner Followers Owner ID Founded Owner User Name Industry Tags
- Map the unique id to the “Custom id” Outreach field. This field should be an id that’s unique to the account, so that only net new accounts are created by Outreach. The Custom ID field will be used to dedupe accounts upon import.
Note: If you include an incomplete custom ID row (a custom ID is missing from one of your accounts), you'll receive an error message telling you that the row with the missing custom ID will not be imported.