The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in importing a Salesforce-generated Accounts report into Outreach.
Accounts can be imported into Outreach either via a .CSV file or using the CRM connection. Users using the CRM connection can import Accounts records via:
- Individual Record Imports
- List View Imports
- A Salesforce Report
- Outreach Users
- With the Outreach account import, it is possible to design an Account Report in your CRM that can be used to pull down Account data seamlessly into Outreach. This allows you to export an Account Report as a CSV, import it into Outreach and then pull the account info down to get all the other associated Account data loaded into Outreach.
- If you are using a CRM which limits your API Call usage like Salesforce, you will want to wait until Friday afternoon/evening to import the Accounts CSV, as this process can be expensive for API call usage, and you won't want to hit the limit during the work week, as exhausting your API Calls can prevent Outreach activity from properly syncing up to your CRM. You'll also need to ensure the accounts in Outreach have a Custom ID. If they do, you can use the following steps:
How To Import a Salesforce Accounts Report:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Complete the Import Accounts via .CSV File process.
- Click the Accounts icon (briefcase) in the navigation sidebar.
- Search & Filter the Accounts landing page as applicable.
- Select the applicable Accounts.
- Click the More Options (...) icon and select the Synchronize with Salesforce option.
- Select Pull data down from Salesforce from the Action: dropdown menu.
- Click to select the applicable syncing option as outlined in the table below:
Option Description Skip Plugin Filters and Conditions Ignores any conditions set on Inbound/Outbound Update in the CRM. Force update of all fields Updates Outreach with the latest values regardless of whether or not there is a new Modified By date since the last polling cycle.
- Click Sync.
Outreach imports the record data as configured.