With the Outreach account import, it is possible to create an Account Report in Salesforce that can be used to pull down Account data into Outreach. This allows you to export a SFDC Account report as a CSV, Sync to SFDC and then pull the account info down to get all the other data, essentially allowing you to import an Account report from Salesforce into Outreach.
Important Notes: You will want to wait until Friday afternoon/evening to import the Accounts CSV, as this process can be expensive for API call usage, and you won't want to hit the limit during the work week. You'll also need to ensure the accounts in Outreach have a Custom ID. If they do, you can use the following steps:
Map the Account ID in the Salesforce Plugin
- Click on your initials on the bottom left hand side of the Outreach platform. On the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config" and click on "Plugin".
- Click into the plugin and select the "Account" object.
- On the top of the page, select "mappings" and on the top right hand side of the page, select "Add".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and map the account ‘Custom ID’ (for Outreach) to ‘Account ID’ (for SFDC) and ensure the "update in" checkbox is marked.
Import the Salesforce Account CSV into Outreach
- Export a CSV Account Report from SFDC that includes ‘Account ID’ as a column.
- In Outreach, click on the Quick Actions menu on the top right hand side of Outreach. The Quick Action menu is found under the lightning icon.
- In the dropdown menu, select "Bulk Create." You'll be brought to the import page. Select "Accounts comma-separated values file" from the dropdown menu.
- On the next page, map the fields, making sure to map the "Account ID" column to the "Custom ID" field in Outreach.
- Once the upload is complete, select all accounts, click "Synchronize with Salesforce" and then ‘Pull down data from Salesforce’