The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users regarding enabling the custom unsubscribe link.
Outreach's unsubscribe link lands on a page which asks the prospect to confirm they'd like to opt out and provides confirmation when the action is complete. However, some companies have pre-existing unsubscribe pages with global lists that often live outside of these platforms and include the option to opt out of all emails or specific email lists.
When the custom unsubscribe link is enabled, and a prospect chooses to unsubscribe, then the link will automatically redirect to a custom landing page so the prospect is opted out of the company's global list or asked to select which mailing lists they'd like to opt out of. When the custom unsubscribe link is enabled, you'll be able to:
- Learn why a prospect has unsubscribed by gathering that information on your unsubscribe page
- Provide more flexibility to give prospects the option to from all or some email campaigns (i.e. Marketing vs. Sales campaigns)
- Follow CAN-SPAM laws and ensure all reps follow their company's email unsubscribe policies
- Have a central place to manage unsubscribe lists
- Outreach Users
How To Enable the Custom Unsubscribe Link:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Use's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Org under the User Admin section of the Settings panel.
- Find the section labeled "Email Unsubscribe. Enter the URL for the landing page you'd like your prospects to be redirected to.
- Save your changes.