Once you see that your prospect's email has bounced in your sequence, you have the ability to update their contact information. However, depending on your sequence's ruleset's safety settings, you might not be able to add the prospect back into the sequence because "this prospect has already been targeted."
To fix this, you should go to your sequence and remove the prospect from the sequence (*please note that this is different than marking them as finished).
1. Click into your sequence and select the "Prospects" tab on the top of the page.
2. Filter by bounced prospects
3. Select the prospects and under the gear icon, select "remove prospect"
5. Now, the sequence won't remember that the prospect has previously been in the sequence. Adjust the prospect's contact information and you can then add them back to the sequence directly from the prospect profile.
Adding Bounced Prospects into the Sequence
Now that you've updated the prospect information, you can add the prospect back into the sequence.
1. Find your prospect and click the paper airplane icon under the prospect's name. Select the sequence you'd like to retry, and hit sequence.
6. If the bounced email did not occur at step #1 of your sequence, you can move your prospect to the correct step. In the sequence, click on the prospect tab on the top of the page. Click on the gear icon that appears and select "move to step".
We recommend adding a tag if you're working with multiple bounced prospects to easily identify the prospects that need adjustments, make edits, and move the prospects to the appropriate sequence as a bulk action.