Once you see that your prospect's email has bounced in your sequence, you have the ability to update their contact information and retry email delivery. However, depending on your sequence's ruleset's safety settings, you might not be able to add the prospect back into the sequence because "this prospect has already been targeted."
To fix this, you should go to your sequence, add a tag to your prospect, and remove the prospect from the sequence (*please note that this is different than marking them as finished). You can then sort your prospects by the bounced tag and add them back to the appropriate sequence. We'll walk through this process in the steps outlined below.
Add Tags to Bounced Prospects
- Find and click into the sequence with your bounced prospects
- On the top of the sequence page, click the "Prospects" tab.
- Under the filter bar, find the section of prospects under the "Bounced" bucket.
- Select the prospects by clicking the checkbox on the top of the page. A settings bar will appear. Click on the tag icon and select "Add Tag". We recommend something along the lines of "Bounced - [insert sequence name]"
Remove Bounced Prospects from your Sequence & Update
Select the bounced prospects and under the gear icon, select "remove prospect". This ensures that the sequence will allow you to add the prospects back into the sequence.
Add Bounced Prospects into the Sequence
- Click into the prospect list view page by clicking on the double silhouette symbol on the navigation panel.
- Open the "Views & Filters" drawer on the top left of the page and click into the "Sort & Filter" view.
- Under the section labeled "tag" start typing the name of the tag you added to your bounced prospects.
- Click into each prospect profile and adjust the prospect's contact information. As you update the prospect, add them back into the sequence by clicking on the paper airplane symbol.
- If the bounced email did not occur at step #1 of your sequence, you can move your prospect to the correct step, as long as it is not a reply step. In the sequence, click on the prospect tab on the top of the page. Click on the gear icon that appears and select "move to step".