Outreach's Gmail integration gives users the power of the Outreach platform from within the Gmail compose window. Outreach functionality will live inside of the Gmail compose window. You’ll know Outreach is active when the top of the compose window is blue.
Similar to creating an email within the platform, users have the option to track opens, indicated by the eye symbol, and clicks, indicated by the pointer symbol, for delivered email straight from their Gmail compose window.
- Make sure you've installed the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension.
- Begin composing your new email or reply in Gmail and be sure to check that the Outreach Everywhere extension is enabled. You'll know Outreach is active if the toggle on the Outreach bar is blue and the compose window changes color.
- Click on the eye and pointer buttons in the Outreach bar to turn click and open tracking on or off. You'll know they are enabled if highlighted in Outreach blue. You can also confirm whether these features are enabled by hovering over the eye and pointer symbols.
- If you choose not to use Outreach click and open tracking while in Gmail, you can disable the click and open tracking by deselecting the eye and pointer symbols. Turning the toggle off will quickly disable open tracking, click tracking, and new prospect creation.
Gmail Tracking Settings in Outreach Everywhere Extension
You can also adjust the tracking state in the Chrome Extension options.
- Right click on the Outreach “O” from the extension list in the Chrome Browser to see your current settings. Click "Open Outreach Everywhere Settings" to automatically navigate to the settings page in the Outreach platform.
- Under “tracking state” select from the drop-down menu to default click and open tracking on, off, or remember the previous state
- Default On - When composing a new or reply email, click and open tracking will always be enabled. These settings can be adjusted for each email as needed.
- Default Off - When composing a new or reply email, click and open tracking will always be disabled. These settings can be adjusted for each email as needed.
- Remember Previous State - When composing a new or reply email, the click and open tracking settings from the previously composed email will be enabled (ex: If click tracking was enabled and open tracking was disabled for the last email delivered, click tracking will be enabled and open tracking disabled when a new compose window is opened).