Similar to features found in the web app, you can use Outreach snippets to quickly add commonly used content to your emails.
Adding Snippets with the Gmail Chrome Extension
- Make sure you've installed the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension.
- In Gmail, compose a new email or reply to an email thread. Snippets are only available when the chrome extension is enabled. We recommend ensuring the Outreach Everywhere chrome extension is enabled, indicated by the toggle under the gear icon and the when the compose window is highlighted blue.
- On the Outreach bar, click on "snippets", which will pull up a list of snippets owned by you, or shared by other Outreach users.
- You can search snippets by the name of the snippet or the content contained in the snippet. Select the content you want to use to pull the text into the compose window. Click on the content you want to use to add the text to your compose window.
- Unlike templates, snippets can be added to any place in the compose window. For example, if you forgot to add competitor information to the body of your email, you can insert the snippet in the middle of the email.
- If the individual being emailed is a prospect in Outreach, and variables exist in the Snippet, the Outreach Everywhere extension will automatically merge the variables with the corresponding prospect information.
- If there are any missing variables in the template, Outreach will pop up a warning message letting you know there are unmerged variables that need to be modified.