Using Outreach Templates in Gmail
Similar to features found in the web app, users can pull Outreach templates into the compose window.
Adding Templates with the Gmail Chrome Extension
1. Make sure you've installed the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension.
2. In Gmail, compose a new email or reply to an email thread.Templates are available when the chrome extension is disabled, but click tracking, open tracking, and email sync will be disabled. We recommend ensuring the Outreach Everywhere chrome extension is enabled, indicated by the toggle on the right side of the Outreach bar showing blue.
3.On the Outreach bar, click on "templates", which will pull up a list of templates owned by you, or shared by other Outreach users.
4. You can search templates by the name of the template or the content contained in the template. Select the content you want to use to pull the text into the compose window. Click on the content you want to use to add the text to your compose window.
5. If the individual being emailed is a prospect in Outreach, and variables exist in the template, the Outreach Everywhere extension will automatically merge the variables with the corresponding prospect information.
6. If there are any missing variables in the template, Outreach will pop up a warning message letting you know there are unmerged variables that need to be modified.