Outreach VOIP (calling from your browser) allows you to adjust the microphone and speakers of your calling device prior to and during a a call.
Set Up Microphone & Speaker Settings
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach Platform and on the top of the page select "Voice".
- Find the section labeled "Default Country Code". You'll see a button titled "Audio Settings".
- Click on the button and select your microphone settings.You may see multiple options under the microphone or speaker settings, which is based on the software you have installed on your computer. We recommending selecting the device with the best quality.
- You'll see a sensor bar next to the microphone setting. Speak into the microphone and if the bar lights up, the microphone has been sensed by Outreach.
- Select the speaker that will be used when making your calls. Click "Play test sound" next to the speaker setting while wearing your headphones. Outreach will playback audio on the speakers selected from the menu. If you have more than one option, select the setting with the clearest output in your speaker/headset.
Adjusting Audio Settings During a Call
When a call is placed, a green bar will appear at the bottom of your browser window or the bottom of the Outreach extension. On the right hand side of the bar, a microphone symbol will appear with a live measurement meter. The measurement meter provides live feedback on your microphone settings, so you can ensure prospects will be able to hear you.
Audio settings can be adjusted when a call is active by clicking on the gear symbol, found on the same green call bar. Any adjustments made to these settings will be saved and remembered by Outreach for future calls.
Note: Theses Audio Settings only apply to VOIP(call from your browser) calls. If you primarily use bridge(call via your phone), you’ll still need to adjust the input/output settings based on the specific device you use to make the call.