The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in activating a locked Outreach user seat.
While attempting to add a new user in Outreach, there may be an error stating that the user's email has already been taken. This suggests that the user seat already exists as a locked seat in Outreach, either because the Salesforce plugin created a locked seat or because the user was previously an active Outreach user.
Rather than add a new seat, you can find the locked seat for activation.
- Outreach Admins
Activate a Locked User
- Navigate to your settings by clicking on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- On the settings panel on the left-hand side, find the section labeled "User Admin" and click into "Users".
Note: You may instead see the User icon display on the left-hand sidebar, instead of navigating into your Settings.
- On the top right hand side of the page, you'll see the number of available Outreach user seats you have available. If you do not have any user seats left, please submit a seat add request to the Outreach support portal.
- If you have available seats, open the "Views and Filters" drawer on the top left hand side of the page.
- Under "Sort & Filter", find the section labeled "Search Options". Under "State" select "Locked".
- Find the Outreach seat that you'd like to activate. Hover over their name and a drop down arrow will appear. Click on the dropdown arrow and select "Unlock".
- Remove the "Locked" filter and send your new user a claim link, which will send them an email and guide them through logging into Outreach. If you do not see the option to send a claim link, then instruct the user to sign in using your SSO provider.