You may receive an error when trying to add a new user that says the user email has already been taken. This suggests the user seat already exists as a locked seat in Outreach, either because the Salesforce plugin created a locked seat based on the plugin settings or because the user was previously an active Outreach user.
Rather than add a new seat, you can find the locked seat for activation.
Activate a Locked User
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- On the settings panel that appears, find the section labeled "Use Admin" and click into "Users".
- On the top right hand side of the page, you'll see the number of available Outreach user seats you have available. If you do not have any user seats left, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have available seats, open the "Views and Filters" drawer on the top left hand side of the page.
- Under "Sort & Filter", find the section labeled "Search Options". Under "State" select "Locked".
- Find the Outreach seat that you'd like to activate. Hover over their name and a drop down arrow will appear. Click on the dropdown arrow and select "Unlock".
- Remove the "Locked" filter and send your new user a claim link, which will send them an email and guide them through logging into Outreach.