The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins and Users in importing Lead, Contact, and Account data from Salesforce List View to Outreach via Outreach Everywhere.
Importing Leads, Contacts & Accounts from Salesforce Aloha (also known as "Classic") is a quick way to get the prospects you need into Outreach.
Importing Leads, Contacts & Accounts
Importing Individuals from Lead/Contact Profile
Leads and contacts can be imported from the main lead/contact overview page.
- Access Outreach Everywhere. Note: Outreach Everywhere will indicate if the Prospect has not yet been imported into Outreach and prompt the user to import as applicable. New Prospects are created in Outreach as applicable. Note: If the Prospect already exists in Outreach, Outreach Everywhere displays the existing Prospect profile.
Import Individual Leads/Contacts from the Salesforce List View
In the List View, Leads and Contacts are decorated with Outreach symbols, including a silhouette next to the Lead or Contact name.
Outreach Everywhere automatically displays the first Prospect in the list. If the Prospect does not exist in Outreach, Outreach Everywhere will parse the data available from the filtered view and request confirmation for importing a Lead or Contact as a new Prospect in Outreach.
Click the silhouette for an Prospect to view in List View.
Import Multiple Prospects from the Salesforce List View
Users can easily import multiple Leads and Contacts into Outreach.
- Only fields visible in the list view are imported to Outreach.
- Enable all applicable fields in the Selected Fields section.
- Include the Name and Email Address fields are included in the view.
- Select the correct report type, All Leads or All Contacts and Accounts, as applicable.
- Access Salesforce.
- Create a view as applicable.
- Click the checkbox to the left of a Lead or Contact's name to select for import.
- Click Import to Outreach on the top right-hand side of the page. Outreach Everywhere navigates the user to a list o newly imported Prospects when complete.
Users can easily add the imported Prospects to a sequence, create a bulk compose email, create a task, or bulk edit.
Importing Accounts from Salesforce Aloha ("Classic")
Accounts can also be pulled into Outreach with the chrome extension. From the listview, select the account you'd like to import by clicking on the Outreach silhouette next to the account name. You can also pull up the extension side panel. Outreach will let you know if the account exists and if not already in the platform, will allow you to create a new account.
Note: You can import Salesforce reports by following these steps.
Import to Outreach Option Unavailable
If the Import to Outreach button is unavailable, contact the Salesforece Admin, and request the Enhanced Profile User Interface option be enabled.
No Checkboxes in Salesforce
If the checkboxes next to the Lead or Contact are unavailable in List View, contact the Salesforce Admin to reconfigure Salesforce settings.
Leads or Contacts not Importing
- If Leads and Contacts are failing to import into Outreach Everywhere, confirm the list contains either Leads or Contacts as applicable, and not a combination of the two record types.
- Review Governance settings.
- Confirm the record doesn't already exist in Outreach, meaning the record will not import a second time.