The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in configuring a default timezone in Outreach Org settings.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach's default timezone is Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Based on a CRM's plugin settings, Outreach tasks push activity up to a CRM. These tasks include an associated time stamp to provide visibility as to when a task is complete.
- Outreach recommends adding a default timezone to allow completed tasks to be pushed to a CRM and reflect accurate date and time information associated with the completion of a task.
How To Add an Org Default Timezone
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials on the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Org under the User Admin section of the Settings panel.
- On the Settings landing page, select the applicable timezone from the Default Time Zone dropdown menu.
- Click Save. Note: Tasks that have not already been pushed to a CRM will not retroactively update with the Org's default timezone. This setting will apply to tasks completed after the new default timezone setting is saved.
If a default org timezone is selected, all timestamps will be that of the timezone regardless of where an individual is rep is located.
For example: If an Org's default timezone is set to PDT, a call made by an East Coast rep at 11 PM EDT will show the task completed at 8 PM on the same day. If the East Coast rep calls a Prospect at 1 AM EDT, the task will show a completed timestamp at 10 PM PDT on the previous day.