Add Prospects to Outreach using the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension
- Make sure you've installed the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension and your mailbox has been set up to send/sync in Outreach.
- In your Gmail inbox, hover over an email thread. The Gmail contact card will appear with a new Outreach button.
- If the prospect already exists, you click "View Prospect Details". The Outreach Everywhere extension will pop open and display the prospect overview page.
- If the individual on the thread has not been added as a prospect, the button will say "Add as a Prospect". Clicking on this button will open the Outreach Everywhere extension and populate the first name, last name, and email address for the new prospect.
- Add any additional information to the prospect profile, and save your changes.
Note: For contacts you cannot add as prospects (i.e. opted out, blocked domains), no button will show.
Automatic Prospect Creation
If you do not add a prospect by hovering over the prospect name in the list view, the Extension will automatically create a new prospect in the web app where all email activity and open/click tracking will be synced. First and last name will not be included in the creation of the new prospect. If adding the prospect to a follow up sequence, first/last name will need to be added to the prospect profile in the Outreach platform for first and last name variables to merge successfully.
1. To automatically create a new prospect from Gmail, make sure you've installed the Chrome Extension.
2. When composing a new email or replying to an email thread, ensure the chrome extension is enabled. You'll know Outreach is active if the toggle on the Outreach bar is blue and the compose window changes color. The chrome extension must be enabled to automatically add new prospects to Outreach.
3. Open Outreach Everywhere window mode to find your new prospect to add additional information right form your inbox.