The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in adding Prospects to Sequences in Outlook.
- Outreach Users
- The Outreach Sales Engagement Add-in must be installed and enabled (if applicable) in order for Users to add a Prospect to a Sequence in Outlook. For more information on installing the Outreach Add-in, refer to the How To Install the Outreach Sales Engagement Add-in for Outlook article.
How To Add Prospects to Outreach Sequences in Outlook:
- Access the Outlook instance and compose a new email.
- Click the Sequence icon in the ribbon. Note: A Prospect must be present in the To: field.
- Search and select the applicable sequence. Note: Sequences that are part of a Collection can be accessed via the dropdown. For more information regarding Collections, refer to the Collections Overview article.
- Complete configuring the follow up sequence if applicable and click Set Follow-up.
The Prospect will be added to the Sequence as configured.
Q: What happens if one of the recipients on the email responds?
A: Outreach's default setting is to detect the reply and stop the Sequence. You can configure this to do otherwise in your sequence settings. Replies from non-primary Prospects, by default, will also stop the Sequence. If you find that you often get responses from non-primary Prospects and you would prefer to keep the Sequence active or would prefer to have the option to choose if the sequence should continue or finish, you can configure this within your Sequence Settings.
Q: Can I add one of my colleagues as a CC on my email and have them stay on CC throughout the Sequence?
A: Yes. Anyone you add to the To: and CC: email fields can be maintained all the way through the Sequence. As long as the recipients are not blocked by your Org domain exclusions, you can add them. For more information, contact your Outreach Admin.