The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in creating an A/B test for email templates.
- Outreach Users
- A sequence with an auto email step must be configured to complete this process. For more information, refer to the How To Create a Sequence article.
- Outreach recommends testing small changes one at a time with sequences that target larger numbers of Prospects (such as 100-200 prospects per template for a total of 200-400 prospect emails).
How To Create an A/B Test on Sequenced Email Steps:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access Sequences List View.
- Access the applicable sequence.
- Click the More Options icon and select lone from the dropdown menu. Note: The cloned email template appears below the original.
- Click the new clone template and update the template as applicable. Note: To run a successful experiment, change one small thing at a time (such as the subject line or call to action) and let the experiment run for a couple of weeks before editing again.
- Click Save.
The experiment is now running.
While the experiment is running, Outreach will populate different messages to inform users of the status of the experiment. For more information regarding these statuses, refer to the A/B Testing Overview article.