Upon attempting to import a prospect from Salesforce you come across an error message: "PluginUnmappedError: A user with this email address already exists in Outreach"
- Outreach Admins
The following steps require access to the Outreach Plugin settings. If you don't have access to this section refer to one of your Outreach Admins for assistance.
- Locate in the CRM the owner of the record that is failing to import into Outreach and copy the user's associated email address.
- In Outreach open the "Users" list page - and paste the copied email address into the search field and hit enter. (If you're not finding an associated user - make sure to remove the "User status is Active" filter).
- Select the checkbox to the left of the user belonging to this email address. At the top select the horizontal dots and select "Export".
- Locate and open the exported .CSV file. Locate the column "User External ID" column - and copy the value in this field.
- While in the Outreach platform, navigate to the Settings (initials bottom left).
- Under System Config - select "Plugins".
- Select your Platform's CRM connection - select the "User" object.
- In the headers select "Mappings" to pull up a list of the current user mapping configurations
- Locate the "Search by External ID" Search field - and enter in the External ID copied from the .CSV file and hit enter.
- Remove the incorrect mapping and add new mappings as applicable following the steps laid out in this article: How To Map Users in the CRM Plugin.
This can mean that the owner of the record or any associated object such as the Account or Opportunity doesn't have a corresponding user mapping in Outreach - yet they share an email address of a user that is mapped in the Outreach plugin.