Calls for a prospect are not syncing to Salesforce using Standard Task Mapping, despite being enabled in the CRM settings and all other factors meeting sync requirements (i.e., prospect and account are mapped and syncing, and the owner of the records is also synced and mapped).
- Outreach Admins
- Salesforce Plugin Integration
To resolve the issue, we'll verify that syncing calls is enabled and the opportunity exists.
Check That Calls Are Enabled and the Opportunity Exists
- Navigate to your org's plugin settings by clicking the settings cog icon, then CRM.
- Open the object you're attempting to sync (either Contact <-> Prospect or Lead <-> Prospect).
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Scroll down the list and verify the Calls option is enabled. (If so, skip to Step 6 below.)
- If it isn't, enable it, save the settings, and try syncing a call again. If this doesn't work, continue below.
- Navigate to the prospect's record in Outreach.
- Hover over the mapping information (in the lower right-hand corner).
- Click the X to remove the mapping.
- To re-add the mapping to the opportunity record, click the cloud icon (next to the X as shown above).
- From the Action dropdown menu, select Find corresponding object without changing data.
- Click Sync.
If you don't see an error and syncing is now working, you're all done.
- Receive the error No equivalent opportunity found? This indicates the opportunity was deleted in Salesforce. Proceed below to remove the opportunity from the call log.
Remove the Opportunity from the Call Log
- Open the call log from your call history by clicking on the call.
- Under the drop down for Associate opportunity, confirm the deleted opportunity name is currently selected.
- From the Associate opportunity drop down, select one of the below options:
- Select Do not associate with an opportunity, which will remove any opportunity association from the call log.
- Select another opportunity that has not been deleted, if another is available. This will associate the call activity to the newly selected opportunity.
- Save the call log.
- Navigate to the prospect record in Outreach.
- Click the Activity tab and find the call log activity.
- Click the 3 horizontal dots on the right-hand side, then Plugin Push Event. This should manually sync the call activity.
Still need help? Please contact our support team!
Typically when activity or other records are not syncing to the CRM from Outreach, it is because there is an issue occurring on one of the records associated with the activity. This could be the prospect, the user(s) who own the record, the opportunity associated with the activity, or the account the prospect is assigned to. This is because the Outreach CRM integration operates on an "all-or-nothing" sync. If anything along the chain has an error, all syncing of the records along that chain will fail.
The most common reason for call activity not syncing using Standard Task Mapping, assuming Calls are enabled in the plugin settings, is the opportunity associated with the call has been deleted in Salesforce.