The Outreach Everywhere browser extension brings core Outreach functionality directly to Dynamics.
- Import prospects (leads and contacts), accounts, and opportunities from Dynamics to Outreach.
- Send emails or call with Outreach without leaving the Dynamics platform.
- Have a handy version of the Outreach web app at your disposal when working with Dynamics without constant switching between these two platforms.
The Outreach extension consists of 2 elements:
- Outreach decorations in Dynamics 365 UI that enable you to perform quick actions directly from Dynamics 365 (import, call, email).
- Extension sidebar offers a narrow view of the Outreach web app that adjusts the content as you move through your Dynamics 365 instance. You can also perform actions from there.
- Outreach Users
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach Everywhere extension works on top of the Dynamics 365 platform
- Outreach Everywhere extension works on the main pages, not any custom pages created
- Outreach recommends using the Outreach Everywhere extension with the Dynamics365 plugin enabled. This will ensure that the extension sidebar properly follows the content you browse in Dynamics. It also ensures the smooth import and update of imported records.
- The Dynamics plugin is managed by your Outreach admin.
- For Admins: Ensure that the Dynamics plugin is properly configured (see < Add Outreach University link for the plugin) and all Outreach fields are mapped to corresponding Dynamics
- fields before importing from Dynamics. For more details, see Configuring the Dynamics Plugin.
- Note: If you have any Dynamics Customization (for example non-default checkboxes) some functionality may not work as expected. Please contact Outreach support in this case.
Outreach decorates the following records:
- Lead’s name
- Contact’s name
- Account’s name
- Opportunity name
- Email address (you can enable this through Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > CRM settings)
- Phone number (you can enable this through Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > CRM settings)
How Outreach decorations appears in Dynamics 365
The decorations in Dynamics 365 have Outreach brand colors and work on top of the localized Dynamics 365.
Outreach Everywhere decorates elements whenever it detects them, across different navigation items - but most commonly you will use them with Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities. From each of these views you can view the Account, Contact, Lead, opportunity in the Outreach sidebar or dial and email using Outreach, by clicking on the Outreach icons.
The Outreach extension sidebar displays the relevant Outreach content as you navigate through your Dynamics 365 instance. This gives you the additional context or you can conduct a quick action directly in Outreach (e.g. add-in prospect to sequence or send the meeting request etc.). The sidebar can be used as a separate window or can be directly embedded into Dynamics 365 based on your preference. You can set this in the Outreach Everywhere settings.
Window mode enabled (default) Outreach content is launched in a separate window that snaps to the side of your browser. This makes the Chrome extension immediately responsive to the web content you are on, and keeps up with your workflow as you move between different Dynamics 365 pages or tabs. You can only use 1 extension sidebar in this mode.
Window mode disabled The sidebar resides inside the Dynamics 365 tab. This mode is suitable when you need to work with multiple Dynamics 365 tabs and it’s beneficial to have separate Outreach sidebars for each tab.
Import and View Leads, Contacts, Accounts and Opportunities
Single record import
You can import Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities from Dynamics 365 to Outreach by clicking on the Outreach icon that appears next to the relevant record. The information that is imported is defined by the Dynamics 365 plugin settings (controlled by the Outreach admin).
Note: Outreach recommends admins go through the Dynamics 365 plugin University course to learn more. Outreach recommends that Outreach admins ensure that the Dynamics 365 plugin is enabled when importing prospects through extension. This will ensure the smooth import and future sync of imported records, and that the extension sidebar will properly follow the content you browse in Dynamics 365.
HOW TO IMPORT A SINGLE PROSPECT, ACCOUNT OR OPPORTUNITY TO OUTREACH
Most often you will import directly from List view or Record detail but you can import from any place in Dynamics 365 that renders the Outreach icon.
- Click on the Outreach icon that appears next to the relevant record. Leads and Contacts have a person silhouette icon, Accounts have a briefcase, and Opportunities a dollar sign.
- If the contact or lead is not yet imported to Outreach, click on the Outreach call or email icon. This record will be also imported to the Outreach as a prospect.
If you navigate to the record that is not imported in Outreach, the extension will indicate that the prospect has not yet been imported and ask if you want to import them. Once confirmed, a new prospect will be created in Outreach. If you happen to be on list view with multiple records, the extension will offer to import the top most unimported prospect on the list.
Bulk import and bulk actions in Outreach
You can import multiple records at once by using the Import to Outreach button. You can also perform bulk actions in Outreach for records selected directly in Dynamics 365 (e.g. put certain prospects to sequence etc.)
HOW TO IMPORT MULTIPLE PROSPECTS, ACCOUNTS OR OPPORTUNITIES TO OUTREACH OR PERFORM BULK ACTION OVER THEM:
You can only perform these from Leads, Contact, Accounts, and Opportunities List views.
- Click the checkbox next to the lead, contact, or account name to select the record.
- Click on the “Import to Outreach” button on the top right-hand side
- Records that are not yet imported to Outreach will be imported. In case the selected record already exists in Outreach, the extension recognizes this and will not create a duplicate.
- Once complete, the extension will bring you into the list of accounts or prospects that were part of this batch.
- Now you can easily add the prospects to a sequence, create a bulk compose an email, create a task or bulk edit from there.
You might have different Dynamics 365 contacts (with different Dynamics 365 IDs) with the same email address. If you attempt to import the prospect with the same email that is already assigned to an existing prospect in Outreach the Outreach extensions won’t import these records.
VIEW RECORDS IN OUTREACH
As you are browsing in Dynamics 365, the Outreach extension sidebar pulls up the records that have already been imported to Outreach and display them in the sidebar. This serves you Dynamics 365 and Outreach information side by side so you don’t need to switch between platforms.
You can also display the relevant content in the sidebar if you click on the “View in Outreach” icon next to the record. If the record is not imported in Outreach yet, Outreach will import the record first and then pull it up in the sidebar.
EMAIL IN OUTREACH
Email your Leads or Contacts right from Dynamics 365 by using Outreach. You can send an email directly from the extension sidebar.
Or, you can initiate the Outreach email composed directly from Dynamics 365 by using decoration:
- Ensure that you have Email decorating enabled in Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > Email decorating
- Click on the Outreach envelope symbol located next to the individual’s email address in Dynamics 365 Lightning or on the email address hyperlink in Dynamics 365 Classic.
- A new compose window will open in the Outreach Extension side panel where you can create and format the email to your prospect.
- If the lead does not yet exist in Outreach, the prospect will be automatically imported to Outreach
- The email activity will be synced with Dynamics 365 and Outreach depending on your Dynamics 365 plugin settings.
CALL IN OUTREACH
If you have Outreach Voice enabled, you can call your Leads or Contacts directly from Dynamics 365. For more information on setting up Outreach Voice, refer to How to set up Outreach Voice.
You can call directly from the extension sidebar. Or, you can initiate the Outreach call directly from Dynamics 365 by using decoration:
- Ensure that you have Phone decorating enabled in Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > Phone decorating.
- Click on the phone icon located next to the individual’s phone number in Dynamics 365 or on the phone number hyperlink in Dynamics 365 Classic.
- When clicked, the Outreach extension side panel will pop open and initiate a call with the corresponding prospect.
- Once the call is completed, you will be prompted to log the call in Outreach. Depending on your plugin settings, this activity will push to the lead or contact activity history in Dynamics 365.