As an XDR, maintaining your performance and optimizing your prospecting ensures your ongoing success. With Outreach, you have access to the metrics, actionable insights, and features you need to achieve this goal. To do this, we’ve rounded up the key workflows every XDR needs when evaluating their performance.
Workflows for KPI reviews
Use these workflows to evaluate your performance and content against your peers to pinpoint areas where you need to make improvements.
Use the Sales Execution Report to review top to bottom funnel metrics and conversion rates
- Navigate to the Reports tab in Outreach and select Sales Execution Report
- At the top of the Sales Execution Report page, update the Compare drop-down to: Timeframes
- Define the specific time frame you want to analyze by adjusting the dates in the drop-down to the right of the Compare selection
- Find the drop-down menu on the right-hand side that says No Filter Applied and filter the report by selecting your name from the “Users” drop-down
The report will then generate nearly 20 key funnel metrics. Compare or review the following metrics to see:
- Prospects contacted to meetings booked: Compare these to metrics to see your overall conversion meeting conversion rate.
- Through Sequences: Percentage of prospects invited that had a meeting due to a sequence. Use this metric to ensure you get into the best practice of using sequences to generate engagement and follow-up tasks.
- % Ratio of Prospects invited to Prospects responded: The ratio of total prospects invited to meetings to prospects who responded expressed as a percentage. Use this metric to see how effective your messaging strategy is.
- Email objection sentiment: Percentage of email responses from prospects in a sequence that were classified as objections
Use the conversion metrics to pinpoint areas where you need to make changes to improve performance. Use the following strategies to boost your performance:
- Identify top-performing teammates from the Team Performance report to review strategies and content they’re using
- Review sequence content to identify which ones your top-performing teammates use
- Make adjustments to your overall content strategy by reviewing insights from your response rates and email objection sentiment metrics
Use the Team Performance report to track activity and meetings metrics across your team
- Navigate to the Reports tab in Outreach and select Team Performance Report
- At the top of the page in the right-hand corner, update the timeframe you want to review using the dropdown menu.
- Select Filters and apply a Filter for your specific team, or a group of Users you are interested in
- Using insights you’ve collected during your performance review, sort the report by clicking on the column header of the metric you want to influence or review (i.e., meetings booked, meeting conversion rate, etc.)
- Compare your metrics against your teammates to see how you’re performing overall and if you’re hitting your goals.
- Identify top performers and use this workflow to review their strategies
Use the Sequence Performance report to book more meetings
- Navigate to the Reports tab in Outreach and select the Sequence Performance report
- Update the timeframe you want to review using the dropdown menu in the right-hand corner of the Sequence Performance Report page
- Filter the report from the Filters hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the report. In the Users drop-down, search for the names of top performers you’ve identified.
- Scroll down to see the Sequences that are being leveraged by these users and are leading to the most booked meetings
- Or, in the upper left-hand corner of the report, select the Email Sentiment button to see sequences that are leading to the highest number of positive responses
- Scroll down the page to the section titled How Are Prospects Responding to Sequences and sort by positive email sentiment by clicking on the Positive column
- Click on the positive percentage to dive deeper into the types of positive responses received
- For further context, examine the structure and content of top-performing sequences by looking them up in the Sequence library
- Use the insights gained to improve your own sequence usage and email strategies and increase your meeting booked rate