Outreach currently syncs with the Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity, and Task objects. Additionally, Outreach maps to the Activities object for the purpose of posting completed activities to Salesforce. See, Posting Activity To Salesforce.
The Outreach integration is a true bi-directional sync. As such, you can import, modify and update any data, field, or object.
Common Use Cases Examples
- When a record's Lead or Contact status is updated in Outreach, the information is then synced to Salesforce automatically.
- If a Lead or Contact status is changed in Salesforce, the information is then synced to Outreach automatically. Keeping both applications in sync prevents future activity from being missed or handled incorrectly.
- If there is an error in a record, such as a misspelled name, you can update the information in Outreach which will then correct the record in Salesforce.
- If a prospect opts out of communication in Outreach, the opt out request will reflect in Salesforce – either the standard opt out (true/false) or a custom field created by a particular team.
- If a Lead or Contact's record has already been opted out in Salesforce, Outreach will reflect the opt out preference automatically.
- If an e-mail is returned as undeliverable and you find the correct email address, you can update the e-mail address in Outreach to reflect in Salesforce as well.