The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring a CRM with the Outreach Platform.
Outreach currently syncs with the Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity, and Task objects. Additionally, Outreach syncs activity data to CRM, to ensure completed activities are posted to CRM.
The Outreach integration is a true bi-directional sync. As such, you can import, modify and update any data, field, or object.
Note: Because Outreach is designed as a Sales Engagement tool, our Task sync is designed to push data up from Outreach into your CRM, but Tasks created independently in the CRM will not sync back down into Outreach. Similarly, because your CRM system is ideal for Opportunity management, Outreach is capable of syncing Opportunities down; however, updates or edits will not be pushed back up to the CRM at this time.
Common Use Cases Examples
- When a record's Lead or Contact status is updated in Outreach, the information is then synced to the corresponding CRM record automatically.
- If a Lead or Contact status is changed in your CRM, the information is then synced to Outreach automatically. Keeping both applications in sync prevents future activity from being missed or handled incorrectly.
- If there is an error in a record, such as a misspelled name or typographical error in an e-mail address, you can update the information in Outreach which will then correct the record in your CRM.
- If a prospect opts out of communication in Outreach, the opt-out will reflect in your CRM – either the standard opt-out (true/false) or a custom field created by your CRM's Admin.
- If a Lead or Contact's record has already been opted out, Outreach will reflect the opted out preference automatically.
- If an e-mail is returned as undeliverable and you find the correct email address, you can update the e-mail address in Outreach to reflect in your CRM as well.