Your sequence’s ruleset contains safety settings to help filter the prospects you want to enter your sequence. To find the safety settings and make adjustments (if you have permission), you need to navigate to your sequence ruleset.
Finding the Sequence Ruleset Safety Settings
- Click on your initials on the bottom left corner and under "System Config" select "Rulesets".
- Click into the ruleset that needs adjustment and find the section that's labeled "Safety Settings".
- Make adjustments (outlined below) and save your changes.
Note: Adjustments to the ruleset will apply to any prospects that have not yet been activated in a sequence.
Understanding the Sequence Ruleset Safety Settings
These settings help answer the following questions:
- How many times can a prospect be added to this sequence?
- Only once (Default)
- More than once, if not already active
- More than once, anytime
- Should active prospects be exclusive to this sequence?
- Yes (Default)
- Yes, but only to other exclusive sequences
- How often can I contact prospects?
- Blank (Default)
- Custom timeline (minutes to years)
- This asks the question "When can a prospect be reengaged if they've recently been touched by an Outreach user (one-off email, call) or sequence"?
Note: Safety settings are defaulted to the following: The prospect can only be added to the sequence once, are exclusive to the sequence, and can be added to the sequence regardless of recent engagement.