Before you can set up your alias with two-step verification, please reach out to email@example.com to get your alias mailbox added.
Setting up the Alias Gmail Account
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach Platform and on the top of the page, select "Mailboxes" and "Edit" the alias mailbox.
- For the email provider, click on Gmail (not REST API or 0Auth2).
- Under Email, enter the alias email address. Under Username, enter your primary (master) email address.
- Go to your Gmail account to turn on 2-Step Verification (if it's not on already).
Create an App-Specific Password for Outreach
- Log into your Gmail account and click on your Avatar on the top right of the screen. Click on the "My Account Button".
- Under the "Sign-in and Security" settings, found on the left hand navigation page, find the section titled "Signing into Google".
- Click into "App Password". Under the "Select Apps" dropdown menu, select "Other (Custom Name) and write "Outreach". An app-specific password will be generated for Outreach. Highlight the password and copy it.
- Go back to your Outreach mailbox settings setup and enter the app-specific password that you generated from Gmail into the password field, then press enter. Enable sending and syncing and save your changes.
Troubleshooting Common Errors
- If the send toggle does not turn green, click on 'show advanced send settings'.
- Under SMTP Username, enter the alias email address
- Under SMTP Password, enter the Google App password
- Toggle on the Sending toggle. If the toggle still does not turn green, see Troubleshoot Gmail Connection Issues
- Verify the IMAP Host information has been entered and the 'Use IMAP SSL/TLS' has been checked.
- Toggle on the Syncing toggle. If the toggle still does not turn green, see Troubleshoot Gmail Connection Issues