Before you can set up your alias with two-step verification, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your alias mailbox added.
Setting up the Alias Gmail Account
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach Platform and on the top of the page, select "Mailboxes" and the "Set up Account" next to the alias mailbox.
- For the email provider, click on Gmail (not REST API or 0Auth2).
- Under Email, enter the alias email address. Under Username, enter your primary (master) email address.
- Go to your Gmail account to turn on 2-Step Verification (if it's not on already).
Create an App-Specific Password for Outreach
- Log into your Gmail account and click on your Avatar on the top right of the screen. Click on the "My Account Button".
- Under the "Sign-in and Security" settings, found on the left hand navigation page, find the section titled "Signing into Google".
- Click into "App Password". Under the "Select Apps" dropdown menu, select "Other (Custom Name) and write "Outreach". An app-specific password will be generated for Outreach. Highlight the password and copy it.
- Go back to your Outreach mailbox settings setup and enter the app-specific password that you generated from Gmail into the password field, then press enter. Enable sending and syncing and save your changes.
Troubleshooting Common Errors
- If the send toggle does not turn green, click on 'show advanced send settings'.
- Under SMTP Username, enter the alias email address
- Under SMTP Password, enter the Google App password
- Toggle on the Sending toggle. If the toggle still does not turn green, please email email@example.com
- Verify the IMAP Host information has been entered and the 'Use IMAP SSL/TLS' has been checked.
- Toggle on the Syncing toggle. If the toggle still does not turn green, please email firstname.lastname@example.org