The unsubscribe link only applies to sequence emails, and is therefore adjusted from within the sequence ruleset.
Enabling & Disabling the Unsubscribe Link
- Click into the sequence list view page. If your navigation bar is collapsed, sequences are nested under the book icon. If your navigation bar is expanded, sequences are found by clicking on the paper airplane icon.
- Click into the sequence and on the top of the page select "settings".
- Under the section titled "Basic Info", find the "Sequence Ruleset".
- Click on the name of the ruleset and you'll be redirected to the ruleset settings.
- Find the ruleset section labeled "Safety settings". Check the unsubscribe link option to add unsubscribe links to sequence emails that have this ruleset applied. Uncheck the unsubscribe link option to remove unsubscribe links from all emails sent from sequences that have this ruleset applied.
- Save your changes.
Remember that while not all communication requires the unsubscribe link, unsubscribe links are incredibly helpful as a feedback loop from your prospects as to what they like and don't like. Other options available to your prospects to express their lack of interest (or even frustration) include delete/archive, or even mark as spam. The alternatives are far less helpful in getting better and better and creating conversations.
Outreach is a strong advocate of the opt out link as a feedback mechanism.