Admins and non-admin individuals who have been granted permission in Governance can import Salesforce reports that are either all contacts or all leads. These reports can be imported once, every morning at 3am PST, or every hour on the hour.
When a report imports new and updated data automatically, we consider it a recurring import.
Note: Salesforce limits imports to 2000 records per import. If you are trying to import more than 2000 records, we recommend exporting data to a CSV file.
Create a Report in Salesforce
- In Salesforce, click on the Reports tab
- Click on the "New Report" button
- Select the report type and click the Create button
- For a Contact report choose "Contacts & Accounts"
- For a Lead report choose "Leads"
- Choose "All Leads" in the report, then use the search on the left to find the "Owner" field and drag it over to filter.
- Drag any additional fields over into the body of the report to add more data columns to the report (such as "Title" or "Source").
- Click the "Run Report" button, then "Save As"
- Save the report in the "Unfiled Public Reports" folder
Import a Salesforce Report into Outreach
- Click the "Quick Actions" button located in the top right hand corner. If on a listview page, the Quick Actions can be accessed by clicking on the lightning bolt icon on the top right corner.
- From the menu, select "bulk create". You'll be brought to the import page in Outreach
- Under "Import Type" select "Salesforce Report"
- Find your report by typing in the name of the report.
- Select one of two recurring import options: Every day at 3am PST or every hour on the hour.
- Click "Next" and you'll be brought to the mappings page. Here we surface all columns of the Salesforce report, which you can map to the corresponding Outreach report, or leave them blank if they is no corresponding match.
- On the final page of the import, you can select prospect ownership, overwrite existing fields with the report information or update missing fields on existing prospects, assign a time zone, add a stage, add a source, add additional tags, and decide whether or not you want to automatically load additional data from Salesforce. Once you've made your changes, click on "Next" on the top right corner of the page and confirm the import.
- You can find your recurring import on the top of the import page. Click on the initials in the bottom left hand corner of Outreach and under the section labeled "System Activity" select "Imports".
- The recurring reports can be found on the top of the import page.