The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in configuring an alias email for Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- To add additional mailboxes, users must submit a request to Outreach Support.
- Users may only add mailboxes to their user seat which belong to them personally, not a colleague's.
- Users cannot add shared or group email addresses such as info@ or help @.
- Each users has a limit of two total mailboxes.
- Users must comply with the Outreach Email User License Agreement.
- This article illustrates the process of adding an alias email address via GMail; the process is similar when selecting another provider such as Office 365. Select the applicable provider and follow the prompts. For more information, contact your System, Network, or Outreach Admin as applicable.
How To Configure an Alias Email Address:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- On the Settings landing page, click mailboxes in the menu bar.
- Click Edit for the applicable email address.
- Select the applicable email provider from the Email Provider dropdown menu. Note: Alias email addresses must be configured using the Password Legacy mailbox options for the applicable mail service provider. Gmail and O365 now require app-specific passwords and other providers may require users to configure 2FA. For more information, refer to the applicable articles in the Additional Resources section of this article. Note: Selecting the Gmail Legacy option as a provider requires configuration of an application-specific password with 2-Step Verification. For more information, refer to the Set Up an Alias With Gmail's 2-Step Verification article.
- Input the primary email address in the Username field.
- Click Change Password and input the password used to sign into the primary email address.
- Click to enable the Sending and Syncing toggles as applicable.
- Click Save.