If you're creating prospects on the web using our Chrome plugin, and you want the system to automatically fill in a field (such as source) when your users create that prospect, you can accomplish this with a trigger.
- Event: Anytime a prospect is created
- Possible Condition: If the external source = "outreach-extension" (means it was created using the chrome plugin)
- Possible Condition: If the source field is null
- Action: Then populate the source field with X.
Using this same logic, you could modify this setup to do anything you want, such as:
- Add a tag to to the record
- Assign ownership to another person
- Set another field with another value.
- Create two triggers with the same setup, where the only difference is also segmenting by certain users. If user = X, then fill source with Y. But if user(s) is Z, then fill with R.