The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in setting up the two-step authentication for Gmail.
Two-step authentication adds another layer of security to prevent unauthorized access to an individual's email account and is recommended when connecting a Gmail mailbox to Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Gmail Two-Step Authentication is a Google-owned process. For the more information, refer to the Google Protect your account with 2-Step Verification article.
- For more information regarding turning off 2-Step Authentication, refer to the Turn Off 2-Step Verification article.
How To Set Up Gmail Two-Step Authentication:
- Access Google 2-Step Verification.
- Click Get Started.
- On the 2-Step Verification page, click Get Started.
- Sign into the applicable Gmail account.
- Click to turn on 2 step verification. Note: If the Turn Off button is present, 2-Step Verification is already enabled.
- Input the applicable phone number in the Voice or Text Message option. Note: This number will be used to receive a numeric code from Google needed to authorize access to Outreach and other 3rd party apps that may be used in the future.
- Click Send Code.
- Enter the verification code sent from Google and click Done.
- Check the Trust this computer option as applicable.
- Click Next and click Confirm. The 2-Step Verification is now configured.