Two-step authentication adds another layer of security to prevent unauthorized access to a user's email account. In order to set up two-step authentication, please see the following:
- Visit Google 2-Step Verification
- Click 'Get Started'
- Click 'Start Setup'
- Sign into your Gmail account
- Enter a phone number to receive numeric codes to authorize access to Outreach or other 3rd party apps that may be used in the future
- Click 'Send code'
- Enter the verification code sent from Google and click 'Next'
- Check the 'Trust this computer' if the user is on a trusted computer and click 'Next'
- Click 'Confirm' to turn on 2-step Verification
Here are steps on how to connect your Gmail account in Outreach:
- Go to the Outreach application and add your Gmail account within your desired mailbox. You can add your Gmail account by doing the following steps outlined in this video
- Click Save
- The account has now been set up successfully