While many Salesforce users may work with Lead/Contact Status, some users also have a status 'reason' or 'sub-status' that lives in a separate picklist field, oftentimes right below the main status picklist field.
A user might only have 3 Lead statuses, but one of those statuses has 2 'reasons'.
- Qualified - Contacted
- Qualified - Customer
Can I Map Status 'Reasons'?
Since Outreach only has one object to map to Lead/Contact status (Stages), we are unable to map directly to the sub-status or status reason from Stages. However, there is a workaround that will allow us to map it using a custom field. Outreach has 15 custom fields to choose from.
In this next example, we will use the Custom 1 field to map to our status reason.
How to Map Status Reason(s)
- Navigate to the Salesforce plugin (Settings > Plugins) and click into the plugin
- Click the "Types" tab and click into Lead or Contact (depending on which object the status reason lives on)
- Click the "Fields" tab
- Click the "+ Add" button in the top right to add a new field mapping and scroll to the bottom
- Map the Custom 1 field to the status reason field (reference Salesforce for the name of this field)
- Click the Save button in the top right
- Navigate to the Triggers section (Settings > Triggers) and click the "+ Add" button in the top right
- Set the Trigger Event to "Prospect Updated"
- Set the Prospect Conditions to (use ALL statements):
- Custom 1 IS empty
- Stage IS sub-status/status reason
- Set Trigger Actions to:
- Modify Custom 1 to sub-status/status reason
- Modify Stage to main status
- Turn trigger on back in the Settings > Triggers screen
Note: A new trigger needs to created for each sub-status/reason.