While many Salesforce users may work with Lead/Contact Status, some users also have a status "reason" or "sub-status" that lives in a separate picklist field, oftentimes right below the main status picklist field.
You may only have 3 Lead statuses, but one of those statuses has 2 "reasons". For example:
- Qualified - Contacted
- Qualified - Customer
Can I Map Status 'Reasons'?
Since Outreach only has one object to map to Lead/Contact status (Stages), we are unable to map directly to the sub-status or status reason from Stages. However, there is a workaround that will allow us to map it using a custom field. Outreach has 15 custom fields to choose from.
In this next example, we will use the Custom 1 field to map to our status reason.
How to Map Status Reason(s)
Map a custom field to the Salesforce sub status :
- Navigate to the Salesforce plugin and click into the plugin. The plugin can be found by clicking on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the page and on the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config". Click on "Plugin".
- Click into Lead or Contact object (depending on which object the status reason lives on)
- Click the "Fields" tab on the top of the page
- Click the "+ Add" button in the top right to add a new field mapping and scroll to the bottom
- Map the Custom 1 field to the status reason field (reference Salesforce for the name of this field)
- Click the Save button in the top right
Create a Trigger to Update the Status/Sub-status:
- Navigate to the Triggers section. You can find triggers by clicking on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the page and on the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config". Click on "Triggers".
- click the "+ Add" button in the top right corner. On the pop-up modal, click on "edit trigger" on the bottom right hand corner.
- Set the Trigger Event to "Prospect Updated"
- Set the Prospect Conditions to (use ALL statements):
- Custom 1 IS empty
- Stage IS sub-status/status reason
- Set Trigger Actions to:
- Modify Custom 1 to sub-status/status reason
- Modify Stage to main status
- Turn trigger on back in the Settings > Triggers screen
Note: A new trigger needs to created for each sub-status/reason.