Integration with Exchange is very simple, and is the first step that needs to be taken to start using Outreach.
Connecting Outreach with Microsoft Exchange
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand side of Outreach. On the settings page, click on your email and select "Reconnect".
- Select Exchange and enter your email credentials once prompted. If you do not have your EWS endpoint, you'll need to reach out to your IT Administrator to receive that information.
- Copy and paste your signature into the signature field.
- If you have multiple mailboxes, you can enable the "Make default" toggle, which will ensure this mailbox is selected when you take action in the platform, such as adding a group of prospects to a sequence.
- Similarly, enable the "Include recipients on every email" if you have an email address that needs to be included on every piece of communication, such as a homegrown CRM.
- Scroll down the page until you see a section labeled "Permissions". Enable both toggles so that both "Send Emails" and "Sync Emails" are green.
Note: Errors that read "Unauthorized request" indicate an incorrect username or password
What does enabling Sending & Syncing Do?
Sending allows Outreach to use your mailbox for email delivery.
Syncing allows Outreach to talk to your mailbox, so every time you engage with a prospect, we capture information and pull it into Outreach to take the appropriate action. Are they active in a sequence? If so, Outreach will pull the prospect out of the sequence so they do not continue to receive follow-up emails. Enable the syncing option by clicking on the sync toggle.