Update: This article was updated 6/13/2016 with more information regarding live listen, and global call quality optimization.
Call rates per minute will vary based on where you are calling to, or calling from, and whether you choose VOIP or bridge. The information below will help you understand how these costs are calculated.
In order to leverage dialing, users must select one or more phone numbers within Outreach to call out through, which allows the user to call via bridge or VOIP, and track both inbound and outbound calls.
Some Basics of Calling
- To access Voice, organizations must have Voice included in their contract.
- Organizations have the option of Basic or Advanced Voice features.
- Outreach uses Twilio as our voice provider.
- Calls are charged per minute, rounded up to the nearest minute.
- Usage is billed at the end of the month for the month's usage.
- Phone numbers are billed separately from minutes used.
- Call recording and storage are billed separately from minutes used.
- Billing will be transacted through our standard billing processor, Zuora.
- If an organization chooses to pay by credit card, a transaction fee will be added of 3%.
- To access Voice and get started, please contact your Outreach Account Executive.
- For an overview of the difference between VOIP and Bridge dialing, please visit this article.
- For more information about Voice, please see the Outreach Voice Overview.
The cost of a call revolves around a few variables, outlined here:
- Outreach bills on minutes used, rounded up to whole minutes (not seconds).
- Minutes are counted on connected calls, to an end recipient, or to their voicemail. Calls not connected, or hung up before answer will incur charges as well.
- Bridge dialing costs more than VOIP (web) dialing, but is higher call quality.
- Costs depend on whether you are calling outbound, or receiving inbound, and where the call going outbound is going to.
When a phone call is initiated in click-to-call, there are two legs of a phone call taking place. Each leg of the call has a cost associated with it. In web dials, and in bridge dials where the user is making one call to an end recipient, the calculation is very simple, and is detailed blow.
If a user is starting a bridge and dialing multiple numbers, they will be charged less for the "open bridge" time, which is the time the user is not connected to an end caller. See below for details.
Outbound Call Rates
Browser Dials (VOIP)
In the scenarios below, a user is dialing from their browser, to an end recipient within the US who is on a landline or mobile phone.
|1808 (Hawaii)||$0.0175 /min|
|1907 (Alaska)||$0.0925 /min|
|1800, 1844, 1855, 1866, 1877, 1888 (Toll Free)||$0.0175 /min|
Bridge Dials (Landline/Mobile)
For bridge dials, assuming the time you are connected to an end recipient would be calculated at these rates:
|1808 (Hawaii)||$0.03 /min|
|1907 (Alaska)||$0.18 /min|
|1800, 1844, 1855, 1866, 1877, 1888 (Toll Free)||$0.03 /min|
For bridge dials where a user is unconnected:
|Unconnected Bridge Time||$0.015/min|
Inbound Call Rates
In the scenarios below, a user is receiving a call, either through the browser (VOIP) or to their landline/mobile (bridge).
Manager Live Listen Rates
For users who have Live Listen enabled on the Outreach user profile, it is possible to join an ongoing call with mute enabled, and to disable it to join the conversation. This functionality is only available through VOIP, and does incur an additional charge, as outlined below.
|Manager Live Listen (in addition to the call rate)||$0.0025 /min|
Global Call Quality Optimization
For most of our customers, calls are made from within the US to recipients within the US. For most of our customers making calls from the US to outside the US, such as Ireland or Australia, the call is initiated from within the US, and connected to outside the US.
However, a small number of our customers are dialing from outside the US to another local number outside the US, for example, calling from Dublin Ireland to Dublin Ireland, or from within Australia to another phone number within Australia. When this happens, we can increase the call quality through Global Call Quality Optimization, but it does cause an increase of 0.2¢ per participant for all calls made, and must be enabled at the account level.
This means that in addition to the caller/recipient considered as participants, if a manager listens in via Live Listen, they would also be charged 0.2¢ in addition to the 0.25¢ for standard listen in.
|Global call quality optimization||$0.002 /min /participant|
Phone Number Rates
To make calls through Voice, users need to select one or more phone numbers to dial out through for both bridge and VOIP calls. When an end recipient sees a call coming inbound, they will see this phone number you have selected through Outreach.
Users can select a phone number based on country and area code to dial through as detailed in this article. Reserving a phone number incurs a monthly flat cost per phone number, regardless of minutes used, and the cost will vary by origins of the country/area code.
|United States||Local Area Code||$1 /month|
|United States||Toll Free||$2 /month|
|Ireland||Local Area Code||$1 /month|
*Please note that this is a short list of rates for using phone numbers based on a few countries and phone number types. Users can select phone numbers of other country codes and number types, and costs will vary. Please ask the support team if you have any questions.
Local dialing is simply the provisioning of shared phone numbers that your whole team can leverage when they are dialing that end recipient. There is a lot of efficiency here beacuse if a team of 100 wishes to dial out to 8 major cities, they would be able to share 8 local phone numbers, at a low monthly cost per number reserved.
Please note that local presence is a feature available through the Advanced Voice package only.
Call Recording Rates
Call recording and storage rates will be published in advance of releasing Outreach Voice call recording and transcription service.
|Recording cost (per minute)||$0.0025|
|Storage (per month, per minute)||$0.001|
Please note that call recording is a feature available through the Advanced Voice package only.