Outreach uses the following ports for voice traffic so please verify that you have the following ports open: TCP: 443 and UDP 10000-20000
Have affected sales reps review their sound card settings on their computer and have them try another headset and microphone.
Google Chrome uses WebRTC for connections with Voice. If the issue is with chrome, have reps test their WebRTC using this tool: https://apprtc.appspot.com/. Once there, right click and select “Un-mute.” If their microphone sound comes out of their speakers, they are using WebRTC and their microphone and speakers are working properly.
Optimal Setup for VOIP Voice Usage
Outreach Voice performance and quality may vary depending on end user device and network setup. In order to optimize for Outreach Voice performance follow the below recommendations:
Outreach Voice User Devices
- Google Chrome (most recent version)
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Use Ethernet to reduce latency caused by a weak Wifi connection
- USB connected headset (preferred)
- Minimum of 300-500KBps bandwidth per concurrent call
- Enable network communication for the IP range listed below with Quality of Service (QoS) routing enabled that prioritizes these packets
Location Media Server IP Address Range CIDR Notation
126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206/26 Brazil 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124/26 Ireland 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168/26, 22.214.171.124/24 Frankfurt 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206/25 Japan 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124/26 Singapore 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206/26 United States 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 , 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52/23, 184.108.40.206/23
- Optimize router with low buffer size to ensure the perceived buffer size is less than 100ms
- Optimize for low latency and avoid LTE (mobile 4G data) when possible
- Disable Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Application Level Gateway (ALG), or Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) if applicable
- Hard-wire computers whenever possible. Hard wired computers outperform Wifi for latency sensitive applications
If you are still experiencing issues after following the steps above, please reach out to email@example.com.