The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in troubleshooting call quality issues being experience with Outreach Voice.
- Outreach uses TCP and UDP ports for voice traffic; confirm the following ports are open:
- UDP 10000-20000
- Confirm the sound card settings on the affected device are configured correctly, drivers are up to date, and there are no known issues.
- Swap headset, speakers, and microphone (as applicable) with known-good devices to confirm the device is working properly.
- Test WebRTC to confirm devices are working correctly with browser settings:
- Access https://apprtc.appspot.com/.
- Right-click and select Un-Mute from the dropdown menu.
- If the microphone sound is heard through the installed speakers, the devices are working properly.
- Confirm the latest version of Google Chrome is installed.
Optimal Setup for Computer-Based Voice Usage
Outreach Voice performance and quality may vary depending on end user device and network setup. In order to optimize for Outreach Voice performance follow the below recommendations:
Outreach Voice User Devices
- Google Chrome (most recent version).
- Minimum of 8GB RAM.
- Use Ethernet to reduce latency caused by a weak WiFi connection.
- USB connected headset (preferred).
- Minimum of 300-500KBps bandwidth per concurrent call.
- Enable network communication for the IP range listed below with Quality of Service (QoS) routing enabled that prioritizes these packets.
Location Media Server IP Address Range CIDR Notation
184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168/26 Brazil 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52/26 Ireland 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199/26, 188.8.131.52/24 Frankfurt 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168/25 Japan 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52/26 Singapore 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168/26 United States 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 , 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11/23, 18.104.22.168/23
- Optimize router with low buffer size to ensure the perceived buffer size is less than 100ms.
- Optimize for low latency and avoid LTE (mobile 4G data) when possible.
- Disable Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Application Level Gateway (ALG), or Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) if applicable.
- Hard-wire computers whenever possible. Hard wired computers outperform Wifi for latency sensitive applications.
If you are still experiencing issues contact Outreach Support.