Before configuring the Bi-Directional sync with Outreach, there are a few minimum requirements needed to leverage the Salesforce connection.
- User must be listed as an Admin with permission to connect and configure Salesforce
- Outreach uses Rest API calls to communicate and sync with Salesforce. Enterprise & Unlimited editions of Salesforce are bundled with Rest API calls, but the Professional Edition is not and must be purchased to use Outreach. To determine if your organization has purchased the API package, click on: Setup > Monitor > System Overview > API usage.
- To verify which version of Salesforce your company is using, follow these steps.
- If you are an existing Salesforce customer who is not on one of the above supported version and want to upgrade, contact your Salesforce Account Executive.
Salesforce Requirements to Connect the Plugin
- Salesforce must authorize Outreach through a system user via OAuth and meet the following requirements:
The system user must have Profile settings that allow it to "see" the full set of records Outreach will need access to (Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Optys)
The system user must have Field Level Security settings that allow it to view and modify any mapped fields
- The profile the connecting user has "API Enabled" under System Permissions in the Profile of the User
- Create/Edit on all the associated objects (llike Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Users, etc.)