Before configuring the bi-directional sync with Outreach, there are a few minimum requirements needed to leverage the Salesforce connection.
- Outreach is compatible with Salesforce Lightning, Aloha ("Classic"), Console, and the SKUID overlay
- The Outreach user must be listed as an Admin within Outreach to have access to the plugin settings for connection.
- Outreach uses Rest API calls to communicate and sync with Salesforce. Enterprise & Unlimited editions of Salesforce are bundled with Rest API calls, but the Professional Edition is not and must be purchased to use Outreach. To determine if your organization has purchased the API package, click on: Setup > Monitor > System Overview > API usage.
- To verify which version of Salesforce your company is using, follow these steps.
- If you are an existing Salesforce customer who is not on one of the above supported version and want to upgrade, contact your Salesforce Account Executive.
Salesforce Requirements to Connect the Plugin
- Salesforce must authorize Outreach through a Salesforce system user and meet the following requirements:
The Salesforce system user must be able to modify data (create, edit, delete) on required objects that need to be shown in Outreach (i.e. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, User, User Role, Task/Event).
The Salesforce system user must have Field Level Security settings that allow it to view and modify any mapped fields
- The profile the connecting Salesforce to Outreach has "API Enabled" under System Permissions in the Profile of the User
- The profile connecting Salesforce to Outreach can create or edit all objects (like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Users, etc.)