Smart Views allows you to save your everyday search queries into a saved 'folder' located in the Smart Views icon at the top of your record list (Prospects, Templates, Sequences, etc.)
Admins can set these views for other users in order to have an efficient workflow. They also serve as an important way to offer visibility and organization, ease of use, and collaboration.
While searching isn't hard, it can get tricky to remember all the search booleans, rules of segmentation, and repeating those steps over and over again.
To start, first familiarize yourself with the available search terms in Outreach. When ready:
1) Search and filter by your chosen criteria (ownership, field value, etc.)
2) Click on the Smart Views icon and select "+ Save As New View"
Often you may want to build upon existing views and modifying them is easy.
Select the desired view, add another search query, click on the triangle, and click "Overwrite."
Additionally, right under the ability to overwrite is to make that view the default view you use when clicking on the menu item.
Common Smart Views
Given that companies use many different fields there's really no one way to create a view that will work everyone. However, here are some suggested configurations to have Smart Views on:
Most commonly you can save your most used page and searches by including the search boolean, ownership, or tag view with the word AND separating everything.
- Organize sequences to see your own sequences:
- [filter by specific user or team] AND [name of sequence] AND [tags]
- Searching by vertical:
- "company_industry: AND title:"
- Custom Salesforce fields in Outreach:
- "salesforce_id: AND source: AND custom:"
- Organize prospect by source:
- source:"source name" AND [ownership]