What is Local Dial?
Local dial allows you to choose the area code you want your call to come from. This allows an Outreach user to call from a number that matches the area code of the end recipient, increasing the likelihood the prospect will answer the call.
How does it work?
When enabled, Outreach will ensure the number you are dialing from matches the region of the end recipient. Once used, the assigned phone number is added to your organization and kept in a bank with numbers from different regions for future use. If you have local dial enabled and you have a privately reserved number attached to your Outreach profile that matches the end recipient area code, we’ll take the matching number in your private phone number list to use for the calls, even if there is an area code in your organization's bank.
As an example, if users call a prospect based in New York, Outreach will automatically select a New York City area code, 212. If a user already has a New York phone number, Outreach will default to the user’s number.
Similar to license plates, there are a limited number of area codes available in a region. If there is no available local area code, and the user number is from outside of the area, Outreach will assign a phone number with the next closest area code in the region. If 212 is not available for New York City, Voice will assign a 646 number.
Our dialer is smart enough to match inbound phone numbers and the local dialer number, so when the prospect calls back, their phone call will be routed to the last person that used the local dialer number. If the inbound call does not match a known number, Outreach will route the call to the last person that used the shared dialer number.
How do I remove numbers that aren't in use?
Outreach admins can delete phone numbers from Outreach, by doing the following:
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- Under the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config" and click on "Phones".
- Hover over the phone number that you want to delete. A dropdown arrow will appear to the right.
- Click the dropdown arrow and select "delete". A warning message will appear, asking you to confirm that you'd like to remove the number and any associated charges.
- Confirm the action to delete the number from Outreach.