Most companies have minimum password requirements for their employees. These requirements are usually a company policy that needs to be applied across the various applications and tools you and your colleagues use. To help our customers comply with their company's security policies, we provide admins the ability to configure password complexity requirements for their Outreach users
Create Outreach Password Requirements
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach Platform.
- On the settings panel that appears, find the section labeled "User Admin" and select "Org".
- Find the section labeled "Sign On Options" and click on the "Sign On Options" button. A new tab will open in your browser.
- Click on the "Password Rules" button.
- Adjust the options and save your changes.
As a best practice, passwords should at least be 8 characters, contain at least one uppercase character, one lowercase character, a number and a symbol.
Note: The org wide password requirements you've made for your team is not retroactive. Changes will won't take affect until the Outreach users are asked to change their passwords from the original settings.
SSO Session Durations
If your organization is using a Single Sign On (SSO) option, you will not be able to configure your password within Outreach if it is provisioned under your SSO. Instead, you will see the option to control your Session Duration, which determines how long an SSO session will remain valid within Outreach. Please note this will affect all new Logins, but will not impact Users who currently have a session.
For more information on SSO, please see: SSO FAQ