The purpose of this guide is to provide an overview on the feature that provides the capability for admins to manually link and unlink specific mailboxes to the Org’s Exchange Service Account.
- Outreach Admins
MSA Mailbox Management
Only admins can authorize mailboxes via the Exchange service account.
Before getting started, ensure that the Exchange service account is configured correctly in the Org Settings >> Email tab under 'Exchange service account' (read more).
To authenticate a mailbox via the Exchange Service account, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and select Users in the left-hand panel.
- Select the user you want to edit.
- Click Edit in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Mailboxes section.
- Choose the mailbox you want to authenticate.
- Select Exchange server from the list of email providers.
- Enable or disable the Authenticate via the Exchange service account option.
- Users' calendar connects automatically once the 'Authenticate via the Exchange service account' is turned on. It can be further configured in ‘User Settings > Meetings > Calendar Settings’.
- To ensure users can send emails via Outreach from this mailbox, toggle ON the ‘Enable sending messages from this mailbox’ in the ‘Sending and syncing’ section.
- To sync replies from prospects into Outreach, toggle ON the ‘Enable syncing messages from this mailbox’ in the ‘Sending and syncing’ section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can enable or disable mailbox authentication via the service account?
Only organization administrators can enable mailbox authentication through the Exchange service account.
I don’t see the option to configure the service account for my organization in the Org Settings >> Email section. How can I do it?
Please contact the technical support team to confirm that your organization has the Exchange service account feature enabled.
How do I connect my Calendar?
When the ‘'Authenticate via the Exchange service account' is turned on, the user’s calendar connects automatically. The calendar can be further configured in User Settings > Meetings > Calendar Setup.
How can I add a new mailbox?
Navigate to the list of mailboxes in Users >> Edit >> Mailboxes and click the 'Add' button in the top right corner of the screen. If you don't see the 'Add' button, please contact the technical support team to confirm that your organization has the option to add new mailboxes available.