Salesforce users can add visibility into the current engagement state of a prospect within Outreach. These fields contain information about the current active sequence that is engaging the prospect, including the sequence state, sequence step type, when the next sequence step is due, and the who is assigned to the activity.
We suggest Salesforce admins create a number of custom fields to hold the information on the Lead or Contact profile, and we recommend adding the following fields under a new layout section, which we’ve labeled “Engagement Panel”.
- Current Sequence ID - ID of Outreach Sequence (Numerical Value pulled from Outreach URL)
- Current Sequence Name - Name of Currently active sequence
- Current Sequence Status - Value of sequence state (plain text), such as pending, paused, paused OOTO, Failed, Opted Out
- Current Sequence Step Number - Number of Sequence Step (Numerical Value)
- Current Sequence Task Due Date - Due date of manual task (10/18/2016 11:28 AM)
- Current Sequence Step Type - auto_email, manual_email, call, task
- Actively being sequenced - True/False Value for checkbox
- Current Sequence User SFDC ID - lookup value for user ID in Salesforce mapped in Outreach
Once the engagement panel is set up in Salesforce, the Salesforce admin can update the Outreach plugin mappings with these fields. As prospects move through the sequence, the values will change and push to Salesforce.
- To add the field mappings in Outreach, go to the SFDC plug-in, select the type (either contact, lead, or both), and select the fields.
- On the top right corner of the page, click on the blue “add” button to create a new mapping.
- On the left side of the mapping, select the Outreach prospect field. On the right, find the corresponding Salesforce Lead or Contact field. Select the “update out” checkbox and save your changes.
- Refresh the page to view the new mappings.
With these mappings, Outreach will push the sequence data into Salesforce for each prospect, constantly updating the data as the prospect moves through the sequence.
Note: These fields will not be updated until the prospect moves forward in a sequence. Once there's a change to the prospect profile in Outreach, the engagement panel information will sync to Salesforce. If you'd like to force update these fields, you can manually sync records with Salesforce.