As your Prospects enter Sequences in Outreach, this engagement information can be pushed up to your CRM to grant you and your team greater visibility to the revenue-driving activities within Outreach. These fields contain information about the current active sequence that is engaging the prospect, including the sequence state, sequence step type, when the next sequence step is due, and the who is assigned to the activity.
You'll need to add new Type fields to the Lead/Contact Layout with the appropriate Field Level Security. The process to update Field Level Security will vary, depending on your CRM.
We suggest Admins create a number of custom fields to hold the information on the Lead or Contact record, and recommend adding the following fields under a new layout section, which we’ve labeled “Engagement Panel”. Below are suggested fields, as well as the appropriate field type:
|Name of Field||Description||Field Type|
|Actively being Sequenced||True/False value if the prospect is active in the sequence||Checkbox|
|Name of Currently Active Sequence||Name of the sequence the Lead/Contact is currently in||Plain Text|
|Current Sequence Status||Contains the State the prospect is in, such as Pending, Paused, Paused OOTO, Failed or Active||Plain Text|
|Current Sequence Step Number||Number of the sequence Step the lead/contact is currently in||Numeric|
|Current Sequence Step Type||Indicates the step type such as an Auto Email, Manual Email, or Call Task||Plain Text|
|Current Sequence Task Due Date||Due date of the manual task||Date Field|
|Current Sequence User Name||The user name of the individual currently sequencing the prospect.||Plain Text|
|Current Sequence User Integration ID||Lookup value for the User ID||Plain Text|
|ID of Currently Active Sequence||The sequence ID the prospect is associated with. This number is found in the URL of the specific sequence's overview page.||Plain Text|
|Number of Active Sequences||Indicates how many sequences the Lead/Contact is currently in||Numeric|
|Number of Active Sequence Tasks||Indicates how many active sequence tasks are assigned to the prospect||Numeric|
|Current Sequence Step Actor||Display name of current task owner||Lookup Relationship (User)|
|Current Sequence Step Actor Role||Display role of current sequence task owner||Plain Text|
Note: If a Prospect is in multiple Sequences concurrently, Outreach will only push the most recent Sequence Activity.
Mapping Outreach Fields to the Engagement Panel
Once the engagement panel is set up in your CRM, the Outreach Admin can update the plugin mappings with these fields. As prospects move through the sequence, the values will change and push to your CRM.
- To add the field mappings in Outreach, go to the plugin, select the type (either contact, lead or both), and select the fields tab.
- On the top right corner of the page, click on the “add” button to create a new mapping.
- On the left side of the mapping, select the Outreach prospect field. On the right, find the corresponding Lead or Contact field. Select the “update out” checkbox and save your changes.
- Refresh the page to view the new mappings.
With these mappings, Outreach will push the sequence data into your CRM for each prospect, constantly updating the data as the prospect moves through the sequence.
Note: These fields will not be updated until the prospect moves forward in a sequence. Once there's a change to the prospect profile in Outreach, the engagement panel information will sync to your CRM. If you'd like to force update these fields, you can Force or Manually Sync Records with your CRM.
Clear Engagement Fields when Prospect is No Longer Active in Sequence
If you would like the Engagement Panel in your CRM to remove data when a Prospect is no longer Active in a Sequence, we will need to adjust the Advanced Field Mappings on the Object Fields section of the plugin.
- In the plugin, navigate to the object that has the Sequence status fields you would like to update. These will be on the lead and/or contact objects.
- Hover over the field(s) and click on the drop-down arrow that appears on the right side of the page, and select "Advanced"
- On the pop-up box, remove the check mark for "skip empty values when sending data to your CRM". This allows Outreach to push an empty value to the CRM, clearing the associated field and updating the lead or contact record to show they are not active in a sequence. For more information, please see Advanced Field Mappings.
- Save your changes