New Variables for Email Templates: we’ve added 13 new variables for use when creating email templates. These additional variables all leverage the day of the week to customize language to be more personalized.
- Why is this awesome?? When sending automated or manual emails, you want them to be personalized (I literally just hand typed this email to you!) and relevant. Variables make this possible at scale! In the case of these new variables, they allow you to account for the day of the week when Outreach sends emails for you. For example, make your call-to-actions use the right language based on the day the email is sent. Instead of asking "can you chat tomorrow?" on a Friday, account for the weekend and say "can you chat early next week?" BOOM! That's fresh right there.
- There are two new types of Day of the Week Variables:
- Conditional Variables: if the day-related condition is true, then use specified language)
- Dates-Based Language: insert a specific day of the week based on when the email is sent)
- For a comprehensive overview of these new variables, please refer to the Day of the Week Variables Support Article.
Update to Outreach Voice: now use different inbound/outbound bridge numbers plus support for phone numbers with extensions and phone trees.
- Support for Bridge Inbound Phone Number:
- You can now designate separate outbound and inbound numbers for Voice. Previously we used the same phone number for both. If you are using a bridge phone, you have the option for separate phone numbers for outbound and inbound calls. If you're using VOIP, you will now have the option to list a different Inbound Bridge Phone input. If you do not want inbound calls to go to your phone just leave that field blank.
- Support for Bridge Phone Numbers with Extensions.
- If needed you can now add an extension for your bridge phone number and prospect numbers. The extension will automatically be dialed when calling prospect phone numbers or when receiving inbound calls.
- If your internal phone system includes a phone tree, we offer the ability to automatically navigate the phone tree. This requires you to denote the proper numbers to input by each step. To do this, separate each number with a ‘w’ like this: “first number w second number w third number.” So if the phone tree requires a caller to dial 1 then 2 then 9 would be “1w2w9” to navigate the phone tree.
- Note: the use of “w” adds a .5 second pause. Each 'w' character tells Outreach to wait 0.5 seconds instead of playing a digit. This lets you adjust the timing of when the digits begin playing to suit the phone system you are dialing.
- Please be advised: If you have CRM (Salesforce) integration with Outreach you should reach out to your CRM admin to assess the impact of adding automatic pauses to extensions.
- Additional Details
- Voice settings can be found by navigating Settings > You > General > Voice.
- Voice is an additional paid offering from Outreach. These updates only apply to Voice users. If you’re interested, reach out to email@example.com for more information.