To allow Outreach to easily integrate with your Outlook/Exchange, we will need to determine the version you are using. This will ensure that the integration runs smoothly and sets you up for success!
How to Determine my version of Outlook (PC)
1. Start Outlook
2. On the Help menu, click About Microsoft Office Outlook
3. Verify the version information and the build number to determine the version of Outlook that is installed on your computer.
4a. Using the below table, double-check to see which Outlook version best matches yours. I would recommend looking at the initial number (i.e. build number 14.0.4763.1000) to quickly see which version you are using.
|Outlook 2013||15.0.4481.1510||This is the original RTM release of Outlook 2013|
|Outlook 2010||14.0.4763.1000||This is the original RTM release of Outlook 2010|
|Outlook 2007||12.4518.1014||This is the original RTM release of Outlook 2007|
|Outlook 2003||11.0.5608.5606||The original version of Outlook 2003 (released in Oct 2003)|
|Outlook 2003||11.0.5608.5703||Critical update (released Nov 2003)|
|Outlook 2003||11.6359.6360||Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 Release version|
|Outlook 2003||11.6568.6568||Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 Release version|
For more information, please click here!
How to Determine my version of Outlook (Mac)
1. Click on the menu labelled Outlook (next to the apple logo in the top left corner of the screen)
2. Click About Outlook
1. With Microsoft Outlook running, press and hold CTRL while you right-click the Outlook icon in the notification area, at the far right of the task bar
2. Click Connection Status
3. Move the horizontal slider all the way to the right. Under the Version column heading, note the number that appears
4. Compare the number with those in the table below:
For more information, please click here.