To allow Outreach to easily integrate with your Outlook/Exchange, we will need to determine the version you are using. This will ensure that the integration runs smoothly and sets you up for success!
Determine Outlook Version (PC)
- Start Outlook
- On the Help menu, click About Microsoft Office Outlook
- Verify the version information and the build number to determine the version of Outlook that is installed on your computer.
- Using the below table, double-check to see which Outlook version best matches yours. I would recommend looking at the initial number (i.e. build number 14.0.4763.1000) to quickly see which version you are using.
|Outlook 2013||15.0.4481.1510||This is the original RTM release of Outlook 2013|
|Outlook 2010||14.0.4763.1000||This is the original RTM release of Outlook 2010|
|Outlook 2007||12.4518.1014||This is the original RTM release of Outlook 2007|
|Outlook 2003||11.0.5608.5606||The original version of Outlook 2003 (released in Oct 2003)|
|Outlook 2003||11.0.5608.5703||Critical update (released Nov 2003)|
|Outlook 2003||11.6359.6360||Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 Release version|
|Outlook 2003||11.6568.6568||Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 Release version|
For more information, please click here!
Determine Outlook Version (Mac)
- Click on the menu labelled Outlook (next to the apple logo in the top left corner of the screen)
- Click About Outlook
Determine Exchange Version
- With Microsoft Outlook running, press and hold CTRL while you right-click the Outlook icon in the notification area, at the far right of the task bar
- Click Connection Status
- Move the horizontal slider all the way to the right. Under the Version column heading, note the number that appears
- Compare the number with those in the table below:
For more information, please click here.