Picklist support allows Outreach admins to define specific values for a prospect or account field. By creating a picklist in Outreach, Admins can mirror the Salesforce picklist validations in Outreach, ensuring data remains accurate and consistent for new values added to prospects and account fields.
For sales reps, picklists help you remember correct field names, and ensure they're logged correctly to match the one in SFDC (i.e. Entering “health-care” vs “healthcare”) - increasing efficiency and accuracy.
Note: Picklist support can be used even if you don’t use Salesforce! It’s a great way to ensure that data entry from your team is pristine and consistent.
What Picklist Fields are Supported?
On Accounts - All custom fields, Industry, Locality, and Type
On Prospects - All custom fields, Region, and State
On Opportunities - Contact Roles
Creating a Picklist in Outreach
To set up picklist validation in Outreach, admins will need to create a picklist in Outreach that matches the Salesforce field names.
- Click on your initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform
- On the settings panel, find the section labeled “System Config” and select “Validations”
- On the top right corner of the page, click the “Add” button to create a new picklist
- Select whether the fields are related to a prospect, account, or Opportunity and select the field that the picklist applies to.
- On the next page, start adding the picklist values that exist in Salesforce, if your company uses Salesforce. If these fields are syncing to Salesforce, the Outreach picklist values must match the corresponding Salesforce values 1:1, including spacing and capitalization, to sync correctly. You can quickly add additional values by clicking “enter” after each entry. If you make a mistake, click on the trash can symbol to remove the incorrect picklist value.
- Once you’ve completed adding the picklist values, select “create”.
- Once a picklist is created, the associated field will appear as a dropdown menu on each individual prospect and account.
To learn how to update existing prospect and account fields with the new picklist values, read this article.