The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in enabling the Auto-detect phone numbers feature in Outreach Everywhere.
For more information regarding the installation, configuration, and best practices of Outreach Everywhere, refer to the applicable Outreach Everywhere articles.
Note: Auto-detect phone numbers only works where the Outreach Everywhere extension is supported.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials on the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- On the Settings landing page, click Outreach Everywhere in the menu bar.
- On the Outreach Everywhere landing page, click to enable the Auto-detect phone numbers option under the General section.
- Click Save.
Using Auto-detect phone numbers with Outreach Everywhere
- Confirm your account has Outreach Voice enabled and setup properly.
- Locate the applicable number in Salesforce or Gmail.
- Click the applicable phone number to initiate the call.
Note: Numbers associated with a Prospect displays the Prospect's name in the call bar. Numbers not associated with a Prospect display the number only.
If you cannot click to dial, the phone number is likely not a 'TEL' Link. There are several different ways to check whether a phone number is formatted as a 'TEL' link:
- When hovering over a TEL link, look at the left hand corner of Google Chrome. You should see something like "tel:XXX-XXX-XXXX" to indicate that this is a properly formatted link.
- Right click on the phone number using Google Chrome and select "Inspect". You should see a highlight of <a href = "tel:XXX-XXX-XXXX" to indicate this is a properly formatted tel link.