The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users on creating a trigger upon logging a call.
Triggers are an extremely powerful feature, configured by admins, that allow you to automate actions in Outreach. Click here to learn more about triggers.
- Conditions can be applied to prospects or accounts in Outreach. The conditions outlined in the trigger must be met before the trigger fires.
- When you create a trigger that fires in the event a call is logged, you'll have a list of call conditions. These include the following options:
- Call Purpose Name - The name of the call purpose (string field)
- Call Disposition Name - The name of the call disposition (string field)
- Call Disposition is Answered -Includes all call dispositions that are mapped to "answered" (true/false)
- Call Disposition is Not Answered - Includes all call dispositions that are mapped to "not answered" (true/false)
- From - The number used when dialing outbound (string field with format +18889990000)
- Note - Notes taken when the call is logged (string field)
- Is Outbound - Looks at dials that are either outbound or inbound (true/false)
- Sequence ID - The ID number of the sequence associated with the call (string field)
- Sequence Name - The name of the sequence associated with the call (string field)
- To - The number receiving an outbound call (string field with format +18889990000)
- User - The Outreach user that logs the call (picklist)
Creating a Trigger When a Call is Logged:
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform. On the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config" and select "Triggers".
- Click the "+Add" button on the top right corner of the page.
- Name the trigger and set the trigger event to "Call Logged".
- Select the Target to be the Prospect or Account. This will determine where the trigger actions are applied.
- Add conditions. When you set the trigger event to "Call Logged", you'll see a new section appear in the conditions section called "call conditions" where you can enter the call conditions that must be met when a call is logged for the trigger to take action.
- Add any prospect and account conditions that you also want to require for the trigger to fire
- Select the trigger actions.
- Save your changes and return to the trigger overview page. Find your new trigger and enable it by clicking on the master toggle, found to the left of the trigger name.
Note: As multiple triggers are created, Outreach will fire triggers based on the order they are listed on the overview page.