Triggers are an extremely powerful admin feature that allow you to automate action in Outreach.
Parts of a Trigger
1. Trigger Event
The trigger event determines when a trigger should take action.
2. Trigger Conditions
Conditions can be applied to prospects or accounts in Outreach. Conditions outlined in the trigger must be met before the trigger fires. Prospect and account conditions are built from fields that exist on the prospect or account record. Examples include "Title contains VP" or "Opt out is not false".
When you create a trigger that fires in the event a call is logged, in addition to the prospect and account conditions you'll have a list of call conditions. These include the following options:
- Call Purpose Name - The name of the call purpose (string field)
- Call Disposition Name - The name of the call disposition (string field)
- Call Disposition is Answered -Includes all call dispositions that are mapped to "answered" (true/false)
- Call Disposition is Not Answered - Includes all call dispositions that are mapped to "not answered" (true/false)
- From - The number used when dialing outbound (string field with format +18889990000)
- Note - Notes taken when the call is logged (string field)
- Is Outbound - Looks at dials that are either outbound or inbound (true/false)
- Sequence ID - The ID number of the sequence associated with the call (string field)
- Sequence Name - The name of the sequence associated with the call (string field)
- To - The number receiving an outbound call (string field with format +18889990000)
- User - The Outreach user that logs the call (picklist)
3. Trigger Actions
The trigger action is the specific action the trigger takes when the trigger event and conditions are met.
Creating a Trigger When a Call is Logged
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform. On the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config" and select "Triggers".
- Click the "+Add" button on the top right corner of the page. A pop up window will appear.
- Best Practice: Click "edit trigger" in the bottom right of the "Add Trigger" window to see all trigger options.
- Name the trigger and set the trigger event to "Call Logged".
- Add conditions. When you set the trigger event to "Call Logged", you'll see a new section appear in the conditions section called "call conditions" where you can enter the call conditions that must be met when a call is logged for the trigger to take action.
- Add any prospect and account conditions that you also want to require for the trigger to fire
- Select the trigger actions.
- Save your changes and return to the trigger overview page. Find your new trigger and enable it by clicking on the master toggle, found to the left of the trigger name.
Note: As multiple triggers are created, Outreach will fire triggers based on the order they are listed on the overview page.